The first week in December this year was filled with Black Friday and Cyber
Monday deals – this means more people were clamoring in line at 2:00 a.m.
waiting for a Suzie-Talks-A-Lot than were attending open houses. Seasonal trends
should be evident in a slight market slowdown, but year-over-year comparisons
will still brighten any burgeoning bah-humbuggers.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending December 7:
- New Listings decreased 5.7% to 887
- Pending Sales increased 0.9% to 751
- Inventory decreased 5.6% to 14,043
For the month of November:
- Median Sales Price increased 13.4% to $195,000
- Days on Market decreased 26.5% to 75
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 1.3% to 95.4%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 11.1% to 3.2
All comparisons are to 2012